06 Dec. 2021
The entire family will love this easy spinach and ricotta cannelloni recipe from Kids Kitchen QLD!
Make it yourself or make memories in the kitchen with your kids and watch the budding master chefs beam with pride when they dive into a delicious dish they've helped prepare! Watch the video or download the recipe further below for a step by guide.
Here’s what you’ll need:
+ 12 cannelloni pasta tubes
+ 160g frozen spinach, thawed
+ 240g ricotta cheese (full fat)
+ ½ cup parmesan cheese, finely grated
+ ½ cup pizza cheese (cheddar & mozzarella), grated
+ 1 egg, beaten
+ ½ teaspoons garlic purée
+ ½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
+ 2 x 400g tins Italian diced tomatoes with onion, garlic & basil
+ Extra pizza cheese for topping
+ Salt & pepper
+ Canola oil spray
+ Large mixing bowl
+ Measuring cups
+ Measuring spoons
+ Piping bag
+ Ovenproof Baking dish
Here’s how to make it:
1. Pre-heat oven to 200°C.
2. Spray ovenproof baking dish with canola oil.
3. Spread base of the baking dish with a small amount of Italian diced tomatoes with onion, garlic & basil.
4. Place thawed spinach in a sieve and press out all the excess water using the back of a spoon.
5. In a large mixing bowl combine the drained spinach, ricotta, parmesan, cheddar & mozzarella cheese, beaten egg, garlic purée and nutmeg. Mix well and season with salt and pepper.
6. Transfer filling into a piping bag with a large nozzle that fits into the cannelloni tubes.
7. Pipe the filling into the cannelloni tubes and place them in the baking dish on top of the tomato base.
8. Pour over the remaining Italian diced tomatoes, making sure that all the cannelloni tubes are covered.
9. Cover with extra cheese and bake for 25 minutes until the cheese is melted and golden brown.
It’s now ready to serve and enjoy!
How did you go?
If you tried this recipe, we’d love to hear from you! Tag us on Instagram @Shavida_australia or leave a comment on our page!