Make this Easter Dessert - Confetti Slice
These insta-worthy confetti slice bars are sure to impress your friends and family this Easter.
Make it yourself or make memories in the kitchen with your kids because there’s nothing better than a good old Easter dessert, except maybe sharing it with the people you love.
Here’s what you’ll need:
+ 12 tbs (170g) unsalted butter at room temperature
+ 1 cup (250g) white granulated sugar
+ ½ cup (100g) light brown sugar
+ 1 large egg
+ 1 large egg yolk
+ 2 tsp vanilla extract
+ 2 cups + 2 tbs (300g) white all-purpose flour
+ ½ tsp baking soda
+ ½ tsp salt
+ 1 and ¼ cups white chocolate chips, divided.
+ 2 cups (137g) mini marshmallows
+ ¾ cup (152g) M&Ms
+ 1-3 tbs sprinkles
Here’s how to make it:
- Pre-heat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius and grease a 9 x 13 inch pan with cooking spray and line it with baking paper.
2. Combine the wet ingredients.
- In a bowl combine the wet ingredients – the butter, white sugar and brown sugar. Beat with an electric mixer or wooden spoon until the mixture is light and creamy. Add in the egg, egg yolk, and vanilla extract and mix until combined.
3. Combine the dry ingredients.
- In a separate large bowl, combine the flour, baking soda and salt together and stir.
4. Mix it altogether.
- Mix the wet ingredients into the dry mix and stir until it’s all combined, adding half the white chocolates and mixing them through.
- Press the cookie dough mixture into the pan. Bake the bars for 22 minutes, or until the top is no longer glossy. When it’s ready, sprinkle the marshmallows over the top and return it to the oven for another minute or two until the marshmallows are gooey.
- Scatter the M&Ms, remaining white chocolate chips, and sprinkles evenly over the bars, and let it cool down before cutting them into slices.
It’s now ready to serve and enjoy!
How did you go?
If you tried this recipe, we’d love to hear from you! Tag us on Instagram @Shavida_australia or leave a comment on our page!